Hon. Jeff Cahn
Hon. Jeff Cahn
(303) 430-2400 (Ext. 2250)
Jeff is a Colorado native and was valedictorian of his graduating class at Wheat Ridge High School in Jefferson County, Colorado. Jeff received his undergraduate degree in economics from Stanford University in 1986, where he graduated with distinction. Jeff received his law degree from the University of Colorado School of Law, where he was Order of the Coif (top 10% of class).
He was a law clerk for the Honorable Morris Hoffman at the Denver District Court in 1991 and started his own law practice in 1992. Jeff spent ten years as a prosecutor for the City of Westminster and was the Lead Prosecuting Attorney for the city from 1996 through 2002. In September, 2002, Jeff was appointed to the Municipal Court Bench in Boulder at the age of 38.
Jeff is admitted to practice in all State Courts in Colorado, the United States Federal District Court for the District of Colorado and the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Jeff is married and enjoys snow and water skiing and is learning to surf.
- Colorado, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1996
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. – 1990
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Stanford University, Stanford, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1986
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Stanford Rugby Team, Player and Team Treasurer, 19884 -1986
- Major: Economics
- Trial Advocacy, University of Colorado Intercession Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Municipal Judges Association, Member, 2002 – Present
- Boulder County Bar Association, Member, 1999 – Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1992 – Present
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1999 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Morrison and Foerster, Summer Associate, 1988 – 1989
- Jeffrey H. Cahn, P.C., 1992 – 2002
- Purvis, Gray and Gordon LLP, Associate, 1999 – 2000
- City Attorney’s Office, City of Westminister, Lead Prosecuting Attorney, 1996 – 2002
1113 Spruce Street, Suite 202A
Boulder, CO 80302
Phone: (303) 444-5944